Certum S/MIME Individual
Join the reliable Internet users! Conducting private and secure and business electronic correspondence has never been so safe.
Thanks to S/MIME Individual you can:
- authorize your email address and name,
- encrypt, sign and authenticate your personal email,
- protect your emails and attachments against falsification.
- Signing emails with your first and last name
- Data encryption compliant with GDPR
Have you ordered Email ID Business (S/MIME) for your name information before? – this variant is for you!
Verify the identity of the email sender by name
S/MIME Individual is a type of personal certificate that is issued to individuals to authenticate their identity and link it to an email address. It enables comprehensive encryption and signing of emails, guaranteeing full authentication of the Sender.
The S/MIME certificate is designed for individual users who need to encrypt and sign their emails, have businesses or their own operations, and are at risk of impersonation. Personal certificates are used primarily in cases where the sender is concerned about credibility and trust in their person. Any recipient of an email can verify the identity of the sender.
Key features of Certum S/MIME Individual certificate
- Confirms the identity of the sender
With the data in the Individual certificate, such as name, the authenticity of the sender is confirmed.
- Encrypts messages
The sender and recipient of the message are assured that the message is encrypted, i.e. protected from being read by others.
- Secures content
The digital signature assures the recipient that the message has not been altered during transmission.
- Signs digitally
Recipients can verify the origin of the message and check the sender's certificate at any time.
- Informs recipients
In the inbox, emails are highlighted with a cotillion icon, increasing the sender's reputation among recipients.
- Supports various mail clients
The S/MIME certificate is supported by many popular email clients such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc.
Learn the benefits of using Certum S/MIME Individual
The S/MIME certificate brings a number of benefits to mailbox users that contribute to the security and confidentiality of email communications and protect against various types of attacks and abuse.
- Confidentiality and integrity of data
The certificate encrypts electronic messages, which ensures the confidentiality and integrity of the content. By sending secured emails, you take care of your business partners' trade secrets.
- Authenticity and protection
The digital signature guarantees the authenticity of the sender, and the certificate protects against fraud, impersonation, forgery and phishing.
- Credibility of the sender
Using the certificate increases credibility and trust in the business environment. Encrypted and digitally signed messages secure the confidentiality of communications.
- Regulatory compliance
The use of the certificate helps achieve regulatory compliance. In industries such as finance or healthcare, there are regulations regarding data security and confidentiality.
Certum S/MIME Individual complies with all current regulations and meets stringent requirements.
The key data contained in the certificate:
- Full name
- Top quality security through detailed verification
- Compliant with the X.509 v.3 (RFC5280) standard
- Secured with SHA2 function
- Minimum length of cryptographic keys: RSA/DSA 2048 bit
- Issued by Certum PCC in line with international WebTrustSM/TM standard
- Issued by Certum PCC, whose certificate root is automatically recognized as trusted in all the most popular Internet browsers as well as in all Microsoft products
- Verification of the certificate status with the use of CRL lists and OCSP protocol is possible,
- Security level: Guarantee of the highest level of security
- Support for email clients: Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook, Hotmail, Mail, The Bat
- Support for web browsers: Web browsers that support X509 v.3 certificates (e.g. Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox)
- Operating systems: Windows 7, 8, 10; OS X
- RSA keys allow both message signing and encryption, whereas EC (Elliptic Curve) keys only enable message signing without the capability for encryption.
NOTE: If you want to encrypt emails, generate a certificate with RSA keys
The verification process and the documents required for purchasing the Certum (S/MIME) Individual certificate are described at Certum.pl.