Certum S/MIME Organization
Join the reliable companies on the Internet! Conducting business electronic correspondence has never been so safe.
Thanks to S/MIME Organization you can:
- authorize company data,
- encrypt, sign and authenticate your company and general email,
- protect your emails and attachments against falsification.
- Signing emails with organization data
- Data encryption compliant with GDPR
Have you previously ordered Email ID Business (S/MIME) exclusively for company data? – this variant is for you!
S/MIME Organization certificate – protection of the organization's official email address
The S/MIME Organization certificate is issued to companies to authenticate employee email addresses and link them to the organization. Enables encryption and signing of email messages.
The certificate is associated with the organization’s name and email address, but does not identify the personal information of the sender of a particular mailbox.
It is primarily used to establish trust between the organization and the recipients of their emails. They are most often used in business communication when one address is used by a number of people, or the email address does not point to a specific person It is worth noting that the organization's certificates can be used for multiple email addresses. It ensures that email communications within the organization are secure and authenticated. It works perfectly as an electronic seal for emails.
Learn about the key features of S/MIME Organization certificate
- Confirms the identity of the organization
The certificate contains data such as the name of the company, email address, so that the authenticity of the organization is confirmed.
- Protects email content
The digital signature in the certificate protects the message from being altered during transmission to the recipient.
- Encrypts messages
The certificate encrypts the contents of emails, which effectively protects them from unauthorized access and reading of data.
- Signs digitally
The digital signature of an email allows recipients to verify its source and check the certificate at any time.
- Informs recipients
Emails signed with a certificate are highlighted with a cotillion icon in the inbox, enhancing the sender's reputation in the eyes of recipients.
- Works with various mail clients
S/MIME certificates are supported by many popular email clients, such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird and Apple Mail, allowing them to be used in a variety of environments and platforms.
Find out why you should use the S/MIME Certificate Organization
Certum S/MIME Organization contributes to confidentiality, integrity, authenticity, data protection. In addition, it enhances the credibility of the sender and helps meet regulatory requirements in various industries.
- Confidentiality and integrity of data
Data encryption ensures that only the recipient can read the message, and that the content of the message was not tampered with during transmission.
- Authenticity and protection
Digitally signing emails gives recipients confidence in the identity of the sender, and protects against fraud, impersonation, forgery and phishing.
- Credibility of the sender
Using the certificate increases credibility and trust in the business environment. When you send encrypted and digitally signed messages, you ensure the security and confidentiality of your communications.
- Regulatory compliance
Use of the certificate helps meet regulatory requirements. Industries such as finance and healthcare have regulations regarding data security and confidentiality.
The data contained in the certificate:
- Company name
- Company email address
- Top quality security through detailed verification
- Compliant with the X.509 v.3 (RFC5280) standard
- Secured with SHA2 function
- Minimum length of cryptographic keys: RSA/DSA 2048 bit
- Issued by Certum PCC in line with international WebTrustSM/TM standard
- Issued by Certum PCC, whose certificate root is automatically recognized as trusted in all the most popular Internet browsers as well as in all Microsoft products
- Verification of the certificate status with the use of CRL lists and OCSP protocol is possible,
- Security level: Guarantee of the highest level of security
- Support for email clients: Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook, Hotmail, Mail, The Bat
- Support for web browsers: Web browsers that support X509 v.3 certificates (e.g. Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox)
- Operating systems: Windows 7, 8, 10; OS X
- RSA keys allow both message signing and encryption, whereas EC (Elliptic Curve) keys only enable message signing without the capability for encryption.
NOTE: If you want to encrypt emails, generate a certificate with RSA keys
The verification process and the documents required for purchasing the Certum (S/MIME) Individual certificate are described at Certum.pl.