Open Source Code Signing in the Cloud
Are you developing software under Open Source license? Secure your programs with Open Source Code Signing Certificate!
Thanks to the certificate, you will provide your program with:
- Trust and higher reputation in browsers
From today, sign without a reader or a card!
Who can use Open Source Code Signing Certificate?
- programmers and software developers working under Open Source licenses.
What is Open Source Code Signing Certificate?
The certificate allows software developers working under the Open Developer license to digitally sign the original code, and recipients to verify the integrity of the data. Using the certificate allows you to secure many file formats having, among others, the following extensions: .exe, .docm, .pptm, .xpi, .jar, war, .ear, .dll, .ocx, .cab, .msi, .sys files, .cat, .msp, .xpi, ocx, ect and is supported by platforms: Microsoft, Office, Firefox, Adobe, Java ect.
Benefits of using Open Source Code Signing Certificate
- Digital signing of programs which guarantees the integrity of the code.
- High level of programs’ security.
- Signing without a card and a reader!
Open Source Code Signing Certificate – provides digital signing of:
- UNIX/Linux software
- Adobe AIR
- Extensions for Firefox and Netscape
- Java applets
- Internet applications based on JAVA technology
- ActiveX components and controls
- Binary files (.exe)
Activation of the certificate:
During the certificate activation process, an account will automatically be created in Simply Sign application which serves as a virtual cryptographic card. An account will be created with the email address of your Certum store account.
What do you need to use Code Signing in the cloud?
- Simply Sign Mobile application installed on an Android phone from version 6.0 and above or IOS (any version).
- Simply Sign Desktop application
- Internet access
- Data contained in the certificate: Open Source Developer
- The certificate is automatically uploaded to Simply Sign account during the activation process
- compliant with the X.509 v.3 (RFC5280) standard
- secured with SHA2 function
- minimum length of cryptographic keys: RSA/DSA 3072 bit
- issued by Certum in line with international WebTrustSM/TM standard
- issued by Certum, the certificate root of which is automatically recognized as trusted in all the most popular Internet browsers as well as in all Microsoft products
The verification process and the documents required for purchasing the Certum Open Source Code Signing Certificate are described on the website Certum.eu. Check here!
The customer has the right to 30 days of testing the Code Signing certificate on SimplySign. If the product is less than expected, the customer has the right to exchange the product for another one or make a refund.
To make a return, please contact the Asseco Data Systems SA Complaint Team at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.