Standard Code Signing - electronic code
Are you a developer of software that you offer online? Do you want to enable your customers to reliably identify your programs?
Protect your code and sign it with Standard Code Signing. Thanks to the certificate, you will provide your program with:
- Trust and higher reputation in browsers
- Elimination of the "Unknown Publisher" message
An electronic code (new and renew type) allowing for activation of the certificate, designed for people who have their own card and reader, compatible with the Certum card.
The Standard Code Signing certificate is an essential tool for application publishers, programmers and developers allowing for digital signing of code and software files. It is compatible with Java Code Signing and Microsoft Authenticode technology.
By signing the code with a Standard Code Signing certificate:
- You ensure that the code is secure and that it has not been changed from the moment it was signed.
- You eliminate "unknown software publisher" and "unsafe software" messages.
- You assure the recipient that the program comes from a trusted provider who cares about the reputation of their brand.
The Standard Code Signing certificate secures many file formats having, among others, the following extensions: .exe, .docm, .pptm, .xpi, .jar, war, .ear, .dll, .ocx, .cab, .msi, .sys files, .cat, .msp, .xpi, ocx, ect and is supported by platforms: Microsoft, Office, Firefox, Adobe, Java ect.
Warning. As of May 24, 2021, all Code Signing Certificates will only be compatible with the CryptoCertum 3.5 cryptographic card. Please read the information here before purchasing your renewal.
Benefits of using Standard Code Signing certificate:
- You inform your customers that your software is secure, thus gaining their trust.
- You guarantee the ability to verify the software developer
- You provide a high level of security for the programs you offer.
- You secure your intellectual property.
- You increase the number of downloads of your applications.
- You eliminate “Unknown Publisher”
The certificate provides digital signing of:
- UNIX/Linux software
- Adobe AIR
- Firefox extensions
- Java applets
- Internet applications based on JAVA technology
- ActiveX components and controls
- Binary files (.exe .msi)
- Data contained in the certificate: Full name/ Company Name.
- Certificate activation is only possible on a cryptographic card. Certum Standard Code Signing certificate is only compatible with5 cryptographic card
- The product is available in the form of an activation code that needs to be uploaded to a cryptographic card. It is not possible to activate the certificate without having a cryptographic card.
- compliant with the X.509 v.3 (RFC5280) standard
- secured with SHA2 function
- minimum length of cryptographic keys: RSA/DSA 3072 bit
- issued by Certum in line with international WebTrustSM/TM standard
- issued by Certum, the certificate root of which is automatically recognized as trusted in all the most popular Internet browsers as well as in all Microsoft products
The verification process and the documents required for purchasing the Certum Standard Code Signing Certificate are described on the website Certum.eu. Check here!