Standard Code Signing in the Cloud
Are you a developer of software that you offer online? Do you want to enable your customers to reliably identify your programs?
Protect your code and sign it with Standard Code Signing. Thanks to the certificate, you will provide your program with:
- Trust and higher reputation in browsers
- Elimination of the "Unknown Publisher" message
SimplySign cloud-based solution eliminates the need for a physical card and a reader
The Standard Code Signing certificate is an essential tool for application publishers, programmers and developers allowing for digital signing of code and software files. It is compatible with Java Code Signing and Microsoft Authenticode technology.
By signing the code with a Standard Code Signing certificate:
- You ensure that the code is secure and that it has not been changed from the moment it was signed.
- You eliminate "unknown software publisher" and "unsafe software" messages.
- You assure the recipient that the program comes from a trusted provider who cares about the reputation of their brand.
The Standard Code Signing certificate secures many file formats having, among others, the following extensions: .exe, .docm, .pptm, .xpi, .jar, war, .ear, .dll, .ocx, .cab, .msi, .sys files, .cat, .msp, .xpi, ocx, ect and is supported by platforms: Microsoft, Office, Firefox, Adobe, Java ect.
Benefits of using Standard Code Signing certificate:
- You inform your customers that your software is secure, thus gaining their trust.
- You guarantee the ability to verify the software developer
- You provide a high level of security for the programs you offer.
- You secure your intellectual property.
- You increase the number of downloads of your applications.
- Signing without a card and a reader!
The certificate provides digital signing of:
- UNIX/Linux software
- Adobe AIR
- Firefox extensions
- Java applets
- Internet applications based on JAVA technology
- ActiveX components and controls
- Binary files (.exe .msi)
- Windows operating system libraries
- Software drivers
Note: From 2021 Microsoft is the only provider for kernel-mode code signatures.
Activation of the certificate:
During the certificate activation process, an account will automatically be created in Simply Sign application which serves as a virtual cryptographic card. An account will be created with the email address of your Certum store account.
What do you need to use Code Signing in the cloud?
- Simply Sign Mobile application installed on an Android phone from version 6.0 and above or IOS (any version).
- Simply Sign Desktop application
- Internet access
- Data contained in the certificate: Full name/ Company Name.
- compliant with the X.509 v.3 (RFC5280) standard
- secured with SHA2 function
- minimum length of cryptographic keys: RSA/DSA 3072 bit
- issued by Certum in line with international WebTrustSM/TM standard
- issued by Certum, the certificate root of which is automatically recognized as trusted in all the most popular Internet browsers as well as in all Microsoft products
The verification process and the documents required for purchasing the Certum Standard Code Signing Certificate are described on the website Certum.eu. Check here!
The customer has the right to 30 days of testing the Code Signing certificate on SimplySign. If the product is less than expected, the customer has the right to exchange the product for another one or make a refund.
To make a return, please contact the Asseco Data Systems SA Complaint Team at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed information about the complaint process is included in Terms & conditions.