Certum S/MIME Sponsor
Certum S/MIME Sponsor certificateJoin the reliable companies on the Internet! Conducting business electronic correspondence has never been so safe.
Certum S/MIME Sponsor:
- authorize your email address, first and last name as well as company data,
- encrypt, sign and authenticate your personal email,
- protect your emails and attachments against falsification.
- Signing emails with your name along with your company details
- Data encryption compliant with GDPR
Have you ordered Email ID Business (S/MIME) for your name-brand information before? – this variant is for you!
S/MIME Sponsor Certificate – the highest level of protection for your business emails
It is a type of digital certificate that authenticates an email address, the sender's identity, and links this data to the organization to which it belongs. Fully secure corporate communications and build trust in the email sender.
It is most often used by companies whose employees send individual messages to external users from company mailboxes. Not only does it authenticate the sender's own data with their name data, but it also indicates which organization it came from.
Key Features of S/MIME Sponsor certificate
Identifies the identity of the person and the organization
The certificate contains information such as the company's name, first name, last name and email address, which confirms the authenticity of the sender.
- Ensures confidentiality With encryption, the S/MIME certificate protects the content of emails, preventing unauthorized access and reading.
- Confirms integrity
The digital signature in the certificate guarantees that the message has not been altered while being sent to the recipient.
- Boosts reputation
The certificate gives a special cotillion icon to all signed messages, making them stand out in the recipient's inbox and enhancing the sender's reputation.
- Allows verification
With a digital signature, recipients can verify the origin of the message and check the certificate at any time.
- Compatible with various email clients
The S/MIME certificate is supported by popular email clients such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, allowing it to be used in different environments and on different platforms.
Why use an S/MIME Sponsor certificate?
- Privacy and data integrity
Thanks to the use of encryption, only authorized recipients have access to the content of the message. The certificate also confirms that the message has not been altered during transmission.
- Authenticity and protection
Messages are signed by an S/MIME certificate, which confirms the identity of the sender and guarantees that the email is original and not a phishing attempt.
- Credibility of the sender
Using the certificate increases credibility and trust in the business environment. By sending encrypted and digitally signed messages, you ensure the security and confidentiality of your communications, building a reputation as a responsible businessman.
- Regulatory compliance
In sectors such as finance or healthcare, there are regulations regarding data security and confidentiality, and using a certificate is a way to comply with these regulations.
Certum S/MIME Sponsor is compliant with all current regulations and meets stringent requirements.
The key data contained in the certificate:
- Full name
- Top quality security through detailed verification
- Compliant with the X.509 v.3 (RFC5280) standard
- Secured with SHA2 function
- Minimum length of cryptographic keys: RSA/DSA 2048 bit
- Supported cryptographic cards: cryptoCertum 3.0, cryptoCertum 3.2, cryptoCertum 3.5 and cryptoCertum 3.6
- Issued by Certum PCC in line with international WebTrustSM/TM standard
- Issued by Certum PCC, whose certificate root is automatically recognized as trusted in all the most popular Internet browsers as well as in all Microsoft products
- Verification of the certificate status with the use of CRL lists and OCSP protocol is possible,
- Security level: Guarantee of the highest level of security
- Support for email clients: Mozilla Thunderbird, Outlook, Hotmail, Mail, The Bat
- Support for web browsers: Web browsers that support X509 v.3 certificates (e.g. Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox)
- Operating systems: Windows 7, 8, 10; OS X
- RSA keys allow both message signing and encryption, whereas EC (Elliptic Curve) keys only enable message signing without the capability for encryption.
NOTE: If you want to encrypt emails, generate a certificate with RSA keys
The verification process and the documents required for purchasing the Certum S/MIME Sponsor certificate are described at HERE.